Total Pageviews


Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Keeping Up

Thought I'd write something while it is still 2014.  Hope it was a good year for you.  I can't complain.
We've been thinking that maybe it's time for us to take the foot off the gas a bit.  We are always so go, go, go, we aren't smelling the roses enough. I know when I just let things come to me I'm more in tune with my environment...more at peace. There is a word for this balance in the Navaho language. I think it is called horzo.

I did buy a used Food Saver over the holidays. I had seen a youtube video on using one to cure pot.  The guy said it can cut the curing time in half.  The machines have many uses other than that, especially if you are a Prepper.  My brother-in-law said they use them to store the game they kill.  Can you imagine cutting up a Caribou into small chunks that will fit into quart sized bags?  I get interested in something like this and have to follow it to it's conclusion. If you stop by for lunch some day there will be many left overs that will be very fresh.

May you walk in beauty in 2015.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment